Gosse nets as Town Under-16s don’t get what their performance warrants
Okehampton Argyle 4, Sidmouth Town 1 Town Under-16s produced a very good performance and can count themselves unfortunate not to have taken something from the game.
They fell behind to an outstandingly executed free-kick after which they lost their shape.
In the second half Town came more into the contest, but the physical approach of the hosts left Tipton, Newman and Smith all on the receiving end of heavy challenges!
One challenge too many resulted in a penalty that Gosse tucked away. After good work from Morrish and Bray the lively Newman headed just wide.
A late unfortunate own goal completed the scoring.
You may also want to watch:
Eric Leung, who chased everything throughout was the Town Man of the Match and there were a couple of promising debuts from Toofan Omari and Bradley Jones.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 8 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98