Gosse nets as Town Under-16s don’t get what their performance warrants
Okehampton Argyle 4, Sidmouth Town 1 Town Under-16s produced a very good performance and can count themselves unfortunate not to have taken something from the game.
They fell behind to an outstandingly executed free-kick after which they lost their shape.
In the second half Town came more into the contest, but the physical approach of the hosts left Tipton, Newman and Smith all on the receiving end of heavy challenges!
One challenge too many resulted in a penalty that Gosse tucked away. After good work from Morrish and Bray the lively Newman headed just wide.
A late unfortunate own goal completed the scoring.
You may also want to watch:
Eric Leung, who chased everything throughout was the Town Man of the Match and there were a couple of promising debuts from Toofan Omari and Bradley Jones.
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 10 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences