Great Gibson as Sidmouth Raiders Under-11s defeat Pinhoe Pirates
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Viking Raiders 3, Pinhoe Pirates 0 Sidmouth Raiders Under-11s were in great form from the first whistle and they went on to deservedly bank all three Exeter and District League points, writes Alec Latham
In a bright start there was a passage of fine passing with Archie Rowe making some good runs winning an early corner.
The Raiders, with Ben Scrivens, Scott Gibson and Finlay Morgan doing a fantastic job in defence stopping any counter attacks from the Pirates, continued to control proceedings.
Olly Jones, Cole Monaghan and Archie Rowe tormented the Pirates defences and delivered some slick crosses into Scott DeGruchy and Will Lorkin and it was the latter who opened the scoring with a crisp left-foot shot. Raiders went into the break with a 2-0 lead thanks to an Olly Jones goal.
The second half saw the introduction of Ben Latham, Mattie Laurenti and Thomas West. The Pirates came back strongly and won a penalty. However Isaac James produced a sensational save.
You may also want to watch:
The third and final goal was scored by Ben Latham.
Scott Gibson was named the Raiders Man of the Match.
- 1 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 2 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 3 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 8 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 9 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 10 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey