Great Gribble as Sidmouth Raiders Under-14s net six of the best
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Raiders Under-14s continued their perfect start to the new Exeter and District Youth League season when they beat Honiton Youth 6-1.
That said, despite the fact the team scored six, and sit top of the fledgling table, they have yet to produce their very best football, which suggests that, when they do, they will be a seriously formidable proposition for other teams!
Raiders took an early lead courtesy of an own goal before a speculative effort from Miles Lewis sailed into the net to make it 2-0. When awarded a free-kick just outside the area, up stepped Josh O’Connor to rifle the ball into the top corner of the net to make it 3-0.
Honiton kept battling on and were rewarded for their efforts with a well-struck shot that reduced the arrears, but the three-goal lead was swiftly restored when Freddie Dorman found the back of the net.
Frank Long’s persistence paid off when he applied a clinical finish at the end of a trade-mark mazy run and Ryan Kubatcha rounded things off with a superb finish to complete the scoring.
You may also want to watch:
The Raiders Man of the Match award went to Ethan Gribble for unselfish play, determination and some superb all-round passing.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 6 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 7 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 8 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box