Great Guy! SOHC ladies 1st XI book cup last four berth with shoot-out success
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) ladies 1st XI moved into the last four of the Devon Trophy in nail-biting fashion – winning a penalty shoot-out against Plym Valley after the sides shared six goals in normal, and extra-time.
SOHC had looked to be on their way out of the competition when they were 3-1 down early in the second half.
However, they dug deep and battled back to level things up at 3-3 with goals from Hannah Dale, Jasmine Scott and Katie Dean.
The latter stages of the contest saw Plym Valley camped on the edge of the SOHC D, but they were kept at arms length and so the contest went to a penalty shoot-out.
During the shoot-out the SOHC players showed nerves of steel to see their side to a 4-3 success and a semi-final berth in this season’s competition.
You may also want to watch:
Millie Guy was named the SOHC Player of the Match. The ladies are now into a festive break fro league and cup action and they will return on January 13 with a home game against third in the table Dart who sit one place and five points better off than SOHC at the halfway point of the Petroc Division One campaign.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 6 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 7 Football in support of mental health
- 8 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 9 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 10 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners