Great Scott! Jasmine nets hat-trick as ladies bag cup win
- Credit: Archant
Jasmine Scott was the goal-scoring star of the show as SOHC ladies’ 1st XI eased into the next round of the Devon Trophy after a 3-1 win at Exe Vs.
Given the draw against lower ranked opposition, the club took the opportunity to give senior XI game time to a number of the ‘up and coming’ talent in the ranks – and none of them disappointed in what was an excellent all-round team show.
Anna Moroz, Megan Thompson-Summers and Alice Please all gave terrific accounts from midfield berths, linking well with both the forwards and the defence.
Fran Piper and Hannah Dale also impressed and were both unlucky not to score goals after each fashioned, and then executed, ‘goal-bound’ strikes only for them to be equally well kept out by the Exe goalkeeper.
The defensive structure was solid throughout with Katie Underwood excelling at the heart of any defensive action, while the last line of defence – goalkeeper Becky Delasalle – was her consistent self, making some outstanding saves.
You may also want to watch:
In terms of the important action – Jasmine Scott scored all three goals, but special mention must also be made of the part played by a large band of travelling support – support that was much appreciated by the whole team.
On Saturday (November 4) the ladies travel to Dawlish to face a Teign II side that sit second, three places and six points above SOHC. Teign II have won both their home league games so far and SOHC will travel looking to win away for the first time at the fourth attempt this term having drawn at Torbay before going down at Isca and Dart.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 4 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 5 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 6 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 7 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge