Great team spirit
Sid Vale Swimming Club hosted the final round of the 2012 East Devon Mini League at The Pyramids in Exeter.
They faced stiff competition from Exeter, Dawlish, Newton Abbot, Torquay and Exmouth. A number of swimmers made their gala debut and produced some great performances.
Many swimmers recorded a number of personal bests.
With some swimmers performing outside their age group, Sidmouth were up against it and, hard as they tried, had to settle for sixth place overall behind the clear cut winners Newton Abbot.
There were a number of notable performances on the night with Victoria Wyant recording a win in the girls’ 13 and under 100m Individual Medley and second in the 50m backstroke. Hannah Rudgard recorded individual wins in both the girls’ 11 and under 50m butterfly and 50m freestyle.
You may also want to watch:
The only other victory on the night came in the girls’ 11 and under 4 x 50m freestyle relay comprising Hannah Beglin, Connie Harris, Issy Beech and Hannah Rudgard.
Other performances of note were second places achieved by Jon Surtees in the 13 and under 100m Individual Medley and 50m backstroke, Jack Simmons in the 13 and under 50m breaststroke and Hannah Beglin in the girls’ 11 and under 50m backstroke and 50m breaststroke.
- 1 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 2 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 3 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 4 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 5 Business owners are asking 'has the Government done enough to help?'
- 6 Peninsula League season could be over
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 9 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 10 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
Head coach Malcolm Black commented that he was very pleased with the teams stroke work technique, something that is often overlooked and also the team spirit and support for each other.