Great team spirit
Sid Vale Swimming Club hosted the final round of the 2012 East Devon Mini League at The Pyramids in Exeter.
They faced stiff competition from Exeter, Dawlish, Newton Abbot, Torquay and Exmouth. A number of swimmers made their gala debut and produced some great performances.
Many swimmers recorded a number of personal bests.
With some swimmers performing outside their age group, Sidmouth were up against it and, hard as they tried, had to settle for sixth place overall behind the clear cut winners Newton Abbot.
There were a number of notable performances on the night with Victoria Wyant recording a win in the girls’ 13 and under 100m Individual Medley and second in the 50m backstroke. Hannah Rudgard recorded individual wins in both the girls’ 11 and under 50m butterfly and 50m freestyle.
You may also want to watch:
The only other victory on the night came in the girls’ 11 and under 4 x 50m freestyle relay comprising Hannah Beglin, Connie Harris, Issy Beech and Hannah Rudgard.
Other performances of note were second places achieved by Jon Surtees in the 13 and under 100m Individual Medley and 50m backstroke, Jack Simmons in the 13 and under 50m breaststroke and Hannah Beglin in the girls’ 11 and under 50m backstroke and 50m breaststroke.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Debut in the Dartmoor League
Head coach Malcolm Black commented that he was very pleased with the teams stroke work technique, something that is often overlooked and also the team spirit and support for each other.