Great to be back
Cullompton 42, Sidmouth RFC U11s 5
It has been several weeks since Sidmouth’s last game due to both waterlogged pitches and the Christmas break, so the boys were keen to get back to competitive action, facing a well-organised Cullompton side on what was almost a full size pitch at Stafford Park, writes Simon Rowe
Cullompton started strongly using the full width of the pitch and didn’t take long to register a couple of tries. Sidmouth re-grouped and started to play some good rugby themselves.
Alex Peacock scoring a great try after some flowing play and excellent inter-passing between forwards and backs.
As the game pressed on there was strong running from Sam Bond, Will Kennaugh and Ollie Jones and great link play from Harley Smith keeping the play moving.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth had a solid scrum throughout the game, but did tire a little during the final stages.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 4 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 5 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 6 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 7 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge