Green light for Colaton Raleigh as Woods are whipped
Colaton Raleigh player-boss Riki Potter watched his side stroll to a 6-0 victory over Woodbury in a pre-season game.
What would have pleased him most would have been the overall work-rate and flair from his side.
The hosts provided a good challenge, never giving up but once Danny Green had put Colaton Raleigh ahead the outcome was never in doubt with Raleigh’s fire-power the dominant factor throughout the contest.
Damian Armes, Adrian Parr, Ben Farrington, Tony Cox and Mark Pavey added the remainder of the goals.
At the same venue, Colaton Raleigh Reserves played Woodbury Reserves, and , in a close fought game, gained a 4-2 victory.
You may also want to watch:
This was another very competent display across the park with the duo of Brett Newbery and 16-year-old striker Todd Pattinson, catching the eye.
Mark Gerry bagged brace and the other scorers were Chris Harwood and Brett Newbery.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 5 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
This Saturday both teams have tough pre-season fixtures at East Budleigh in another double header. First to play are the Reserves (12.30) followed at 3pm by the first team action.