Griffiths wins latest Sidmouth Jewellers meeting
- Credit: Archant
The sixteenth round of the Sidmouth Jewellers Friday night league was won by Dan Griffiths with a great score of 43 points, writes John Barnard.
He had a slow start dropping some shots over the front nine but three birdies in the last nine holes meant a great back nine and a handicap reduction of two shots to 19.
In second place was Adam Nichols who scored 41 points. Four pars on the back nine were the key to his good score and his handicap has reduced to 25. Third was Neil Holland, back to plus one handicap.
He scored 40 points with five birdies and just the one dropped shot.
In the Friday night league, Mark Thomas has increased his lead into a possibly unassailable 23 points over Craig Melluish.
You may also want to watch:
Craig is one point ahead of Lee Wenham in third spot.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 7 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 8 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 9 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival