Griffiths wins latest Sidmouth Jewellers meeting
- Credit: Archant
The sixteenth round of the Sidmouth Jewellers Friday night league was won by Dan Griffiths with a great score of 43 points, writes John Barnard.
He had a slow start dropping some shots over the front nine but three birdies in the last nine holes meant a great back nine and a handicap reduction of two shots to 19.
In second place was Adam Nichols who scored 41 points. Four pars on the back nine were the key to his good score and his handicap has reduced to 25. Third was Neil Holland, back to plus one handicap.
He scored 40 points with five birdies and just the one dropped shot.
In the Friday night league, Mark Thomas has increased his lead into a possibly unassailable 23 points over Craig Melluish.
You may also want to watch:
Craig is one point ahead of Lee Wenham in third spot.
- 1 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 2 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 3 'I feel that front line workers should be vaccinated as soon as possible'
- 4 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 5 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 6 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 7 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 8 'We are passionate about involving young people in planning'
- 9 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
- 10 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling