Haig and Jabri fire Sidmouth Warriors Under-10s to home success
Sidmouth Warriors 2, St Martins 1 Sidmouth Warriors Under-11s exacted sweet revenge for the defeat they suffered when they met the Exminster side earlier in the campaign.
The Warriors were good value for the success. In the first half they served up a good combination of strong tackling and disciplined defence and, when the visitors did manage to get a sight at goal they could not get the better of the impressive Josh Haige in the Warriors goal.
The opening goal arrived after the break with Jack Howe providing the assist and young Haig, now out of goal, applying a clinical finish.
The lead was doubled with Zac Jabri adding to his season’s tally.
The visitors pressed and got the goal that their contribution to a fine game deserved, but there was no denying that Warriors deserved to win.
You may also want to watch:
There were some fine individual performances. None more so that the shift of Richie Drewet whilst skipper Harry Emmet lead by example throughout.
Warriors team: Jack Howe, Josh Haige, Thomas Mead, Harry Emmet, Richie Drewet, Josh Miller, Calvin Clifford, Lewis McManus, Zac Jabri, Toby Neumegan.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 4 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 5 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 6 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 7 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 8 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 9 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 10 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town