Haig and Jabri fire Sidmouth Warriors Under-10s to home success
Sidmouth Warriors 2, St Martins 1 Sidmouth Warriors Under-11s exacted sweet revenge for the defeat they suffered when they met the Exminster side earlier in the campaign.
The Warriors were good value for the success. In the first half they served up a good combination of strong tackling and disciplined defence and, when the visitors did manage to get a sight at goal they could not get the better of the impressive Josh Haige in the Warriors goal.
The opening goal arrived after the break with Jack Howe providing the assist and young Haig, now out of goal, applying a clinical finish.
The lead was doubled with Zac Jabri adding to his season’s tally.
The visitors pressed and got the goal that their contribution to a fine game deserved, but there was no denying that Warriors deserved to win.
You may also want to watch:
There were some fine individual performances. None more so that the shift of Richie Drewet whilst skipper Harry Emmet lead by example throughout.
Warriors team: Jack Howe, Josh Haige, Thomas Mead, Harry Emmet, Richie Drewet, Josh Miller, Calvin Clifford, Lewis McManus, Zac Jabri, Toby Neumegan.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 3 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 4 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 5 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 6 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 7 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 8 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 9 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start