Hallett nets cracker as Raiders win well at CS Leopards.
CS Leopards 2, Sidmouth Raiders 3 Sidmouth Raiders produced a superb collective performance to come from behind twice before deservedly winning their Exeter and District Youth League Under-11 Division Two game in Mid Devon, writes Alan Hallett.
The Raiders fell behind from a deflected effort against the run of play midway through the first half which left keeper Robbie Hallett no chance.
The response was immediate and parity was restored when the persistence of Will Bond was rewarded when his shot looped off a defender and into the home goal.
A second goal from breakaway football restored the home lead, but once again the response was swift and clinical as CJ Abbot got on the end of a flowing move to fire beyond the home gloves man and into the bottom corner of the net to send the sides into the break all square at 2-2.
The second half saw Raiders, playing their best football of the season, dominate for long spells. They were only prevented fro taking the lead by some solid defending and excellent goal keeping.
You may also want to watch:
The winning goal was a cracker! Robbie Hallett cut in from the left wing before rifling the ball beyond the keeper.
At the other end Will Bond produced a stunning one-handed save pushing a shot onto the bar as the home side tried to equalise, but in the end the Raiders ran out deserved winners with a great team performance.
- 1 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 4 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 5 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 6 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 7 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 8 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 9 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank