Harris and Rudolph star in SOHC men’s 1st XI high-scoring draw at PGSOB
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club men’s 1st XI were involved in a high-scoring Conference South draw when they shared 10 goals with hosts PGSOB.
Having beaten PGSOB at home earlier in the season and having won their last three games, SOHC travelled in confident mood.
They began the contest well, dominating much of the first half with some slick passing.
Indeed, such was the tempo of their first-half performance that they took a 3-1 lead into the break thanks to a brace of short corner close-range finishes from Max Moore and a penalty flick from Jack Ellison.
The home side, who are a powerful and experienced outfit, began the second half with real aggression and the game became one of end-to-end action.
You may also want to watch:
They scored three times while Luke Drewitt netted for SOHC to leave the game finely balanced at 4-4.
With just five minutes to play the home side took a 5-4 lead after scoring from a short corner.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 8 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 9 East Devon's new homes debate divides residents' opinions
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
They were a whisker away from adding a sixth, but were denied by a superb save from SOHC glovesman Simon Baker and that stop was made all the more vital when, at the other end of the pitch, George Powell struck from another short corner to leave honours ending even.
The SOHC Player of the Match honour was shared by Treeve Harris and Eddie Rudolph.
SOHC team: Simon Baker, Josh Miller, Jon Hext, Eddie Rudolph, Duncan Gracie, George Mutter, Treeve Harris, Max Moore, Chris Bishop, George Powell (capt), Jack Ellison, Luke Drewitt