Harris hat-trick as SOHC men net five at Bridport against West Dorset
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) men’s first team were 5-1 winners when they travelled to Bridport to meet West Dorset with Treeve Harris scoring a hat-trick.
It completed a season’s double for SOHC, who were also 4-0 winners when the teams met in East Devon back in November.
Conditions were not ideal at Bridport, where wet-weather gear was the order of the day for supporters!
SOHC made a sluggish start and were opened up in the early exchanges with a direct run through the heart of their territory, but there was no end result while, at the other end of the pitch, SOHC netted three times to hold a comfortable half-time advantage.
The second half brought more of the same with SOHC controlling things well as two further goals were scored, though a late consolation from the home side put an end to any hopes of a clean-sheet success.
You may also want to watch:
As well as the Harris treble, there were goals from George Harvey Powell and Nick Mansfield.
The win leaves SOHC sitting 9 points clear of second placed PGSOB A with just five games to play in the league campaign.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 8 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
On Saturday, SOHC entertain fifth placed OPM, who they beat 5-1 earlier in the season. A home win and defeat for PGSOB A at home to Isca C, would leave SOHC a dozen points clear with only 12 points to play for, and that would mean they could seal the title the following Saturday when they visit third-in-the-table Plymouth University A.