Harris hat-trick on debut for Ottery St Mary Under-15s
- Credit: Archant
Brixington Blues 3, Ottery St Mary 4 Former West Hill Wasps player Toby Harris made a stunning debut for Ottery St Mary Under-15s.
Harris was introduced at the start of the second half by Otters boss Steve Flinders with his new team one down and he promptly notched a second half hat-trick!
Lewis Matthews also netted and, although the home side came back with a late third the Otters closed the game out well to claim a fourth win of the league season and, arguably more importantly, move to within three points of the promotion berths in Division Two.
There were as number of excellent individual performances from Ottery players, none more so than the shifts put in by right midfielder Tim Jones and left back Tom Hayes who deservedly shared the winners Man of the Match award.
Flinders said: “We played well in patches and were perhaps a little unlucky to be behind at the break.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half we really did produce the goods and the hat-trick from Lewis was really good.”
The Otters have no game this weekend, they return to action on January 25 when they travel to Crediton Youth.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 8 East Devon's new homes debate divides residents' opinions
- 9 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 10 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge