Harrison making great strides with Exeter Aces
- Credit: Archant
Exeter Aces youngsters continued their fine start to the year and made it two early season victories in as many meetings with a 66-54 win at Horspath.
Newcomer to the sport Isaac Harrison once again showed why he is one of the most promising up and coming youngsters locally by riding to a fantastic maximum.
Aces looked the stronger side throughout with no fewer than eight of the 12 heat wins going their way.
Harrison, along with Charlie Jane Herbert and Sam Riddle all led the way in their opening rides with Owen Tidball providing secure back up for Tucker to also take four points. Horspath hit back over with their own 7-3 maximum points heat advantage in race four when top pairing George Horsley and Jordan Richardson beat the Exeter ladies to the line. The Aces continued to keep the upper hand throughout proceedings with two more seven pointers from Lauren Hookway and Herbert, along with another for Riddle and Harrison. All in all it was a great victory for the juniors and keeps them in great contention for retaining their title.
However, the next fixture could decide who gets a first hand on the Division 2 trophy when Newport visit Exeter with arguably the strongest division two team in history.
You may also want to watch:
Along with the Division 1 meeting, this will take place in Exeter on Sunday April 21 with a 2pm start.
Exeter Aces youngsters scores: Isaac Harrison 14+2, Charlie Jane Herbert 13+1, Sam Riddle 12, Connor Tucker 10+1, Lauren Hookway 9+1, Owen Tidball 8+1
- 1 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 2 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 3 'I feel that front line workers should be vaccinated as soon as possible'
- 4 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 5 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 6 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 7 'We are passionate about involving young people in planning'
- 8 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 9 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 10 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways