Harry Tincknell launches new campaign this weekend
- Credit: Archant
East Devon motor racing ace Harry Tincknell is back in action on the first weekend of May when he will race the Ford GT as the first ever FIA World Endurance Championship ‘Super Season’ kicks off with a six- hour race at Spa-Francorchamps in Belgium.
After a strong 2017 season, Tincknell and teammate Andy Priaulx will be joined by Indy 500 winner Tony Kanaan, who is also set to team up with the British duo at this year’s Le Mans 24 hours.
The Ford Chip Ganassi Racing team is ‘stronger than ever’ after completing an intensive winter testing programme and ready to challenge for the GTE Pro championship titles.
Ford will face stiff competition from Ferrari, BMW, Aston Martin and Porsche with teams expecting GTE Pro class to be the most competitive ever
After coming tantalisingly close to winning his first world championship in 2017, the Goodridge sponsored driver has his eyes on the prize. Harry says: “I think this season is our best chance of winning the championship. The circuits we go to all suit the Ford GT and the slow speed tracks have all been removed from the schedule.
You may also want to watch:
“Teaming up again with Andy and keeping our core crew together is great for continuity and I think we’ve taken another step forward over the winter.
“We’ve won four races together and had a second at Le Mans, so clearly the partnership is working and we will look for a strong start at Spa.”
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 7 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 8 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 9 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 10 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
He continued: “We will have Tony with us at the start of the season too, and we all know what an incredible competitor he is.
“We were right in contention in second place last year at Spa before an electrical issue dropped us down a lap, but testing there went really well this month and I’m determined to get the championship off to flying start.”
The Six Hours of Spa gets underway on Saturday, May 5, at 1.30pm, local time.