Harvey impresses on debut for Sidmouth Under-12s
Cullompton 24, Sidmouth 14 Sidmouth Under-12s were beaten after a thrilling encounter in Mid Devon, writes Craig Morgan.
The two sides were evenly-matched and both put plenty into the contest demonstrating great handling and ferocious commitment.
A very talented home fly half opened the Sidmouth defence up on several occasions and four tries later the Sidmouth defence eventually came to the party and closed the door on him!
After the break Sidmouth had the slop in their favour and their comeback was launched with a try each for Will Kennaugh and birthday boy Jack Wilson, the latter supporting well to be in the right place at the right time!
Jack Marchant took the Cadburys sponsored Tackle of the Match award with a beauty that turned defence into attack!
You may also want to watch:
There was a welcome return from concussion from Max Dix who linked play well and put young Kennaugh away for his score.
Debutant full back Sean Harvey, travelling in from Charmouth, proved rock solid in defence and confident under the high ball and a big welcome to him from all at Sidmouth RFC.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 7 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 8 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 9 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 10 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17