Hayden Rollason trophy
SIDBURY UTD are hosting the Hayden Rollason Memorial Trophy this weekend (July 18/19).
SIDBURY?UTD are hosting the Hayden Rollason Memorial Trophy this weekend. It is a four team tournament with the first game kicking off at 1pm on Saturday with Sidbury Utd against Ottery St Mary. This match will be followed by the Royal Marines v Sandhurst Town at 4.30pm.
On Sunday, the third and fourth place play off kicks off at 1pm, followed by the final at 4.30pm
Sidbury Manager Mel Coombs said: "This will be the third year after re-naming the tournament and I was really pleased the Royal Marines agreed to take part, especially as Hayden served with them. I am delighted that Sandhurst Town from Berkshire have travelled down to defend the trophy."
Sandhurst manager, Jon Underwood, said: "We really enjoy coming to Devon for this tournament.
You may also want to watch:
"We feel the standard of football is high and it really sets us up for our pre-season campaign."
Hayden, a serving Royal Marine with 42 Commando, was 20 when he died in 2006. He played his youth football at Ottery St Mary, then Sidmouth before moving onto Sidbury Utd.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 9 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council