Hext goal nets SOHC men’s 1st XI a draw with Isca III
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) men’s 1st XI turned round a half-time deficit to net a point from their Conference South 2-2 draw with Isca III.
SOHC made a good start and moved the ball around well prior to a clinical finish by Jack Ellison, who flicked the ball off the foot of a defender and over the line.
Isca then won a short corner and converted it with a drag flick and then struck again with a tap-in at the back post to hold a 2-1 half-time advantage.
After the break SOHC were the dominant force and it was no more than they deserved when Jon Hext netted via a well-worked short corner routine.
There's a double-header of action this weekend for the men's 1st XI .
You may also want to watch:
They are first in action on Saturday with a league game away against fourth placed University of Exeter D (4.30pm).
Then, the following day they are in Devon Cup action with a tie away against PGSOB with that game being played at Lipson College (1pm).
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 6 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 7 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 8 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption
- 9 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank