Hext goal nets SOHC men’s 1st XI a draw with Isca III
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) men’s 1st XI turned round a half-time deficit to net a point from their Conference South 2-2 draw with Isca III.
SOHC made a good start and moved the ball around well prior to a clinical finish by Jack Ellison, who flicked the ball off the foot of a defender and over the line.
Isca then won a short corner and converted it with a drag flick and then struck again with a tap-in at the back post to hold a 2-1 half-time advantage.
After the break SOHC were the dominant force and it was no more than they deserved when Jon Hext netted via a well-worked short corner routine.
There's a double-header of action this weekend for the men's 1st XI .
You may also want to watch:
They are first in action on Saturday with a league game away against fourth placed University of Exeter D (4.30pm).
Then, the following day they are in Devon Cup action with a tie away against PGSOB with that game being played at Lipson College (1pm).
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 4 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support