Holly Rowe gets her first try in her very first season of rugby
- Credit: Archant
Paignton Under-18s provided the opposition for the first home outing of the season for the Sidmouth Under-18s.
Sidmouth began with a good tempo to their game and, following some fine set pieces in the scrum, where Georgia Skelly, Emily Cozens and Hannah Rugg were prominent, the home side took the lead. Some crisp handling by scrum half Caitlin Perry and fly-half Hannah Vicary culminated in Holly Rowe racing down the touchline to score her first try in her first season of rugby!
Paignton hit back with two tries of their own, despite fine defensive play and fierce tackling from Hannah Vicary, Rebecca Fallows, Nyah Austin and Evie Trafford and Abbie Preston and half-time arrived with Paignton leading 14-5.
After the break, Paignton scored another converted try to edge further ahead. Sidmouth competed well at the breakdown, hitting the opposition pack back with big drives from Emily Cozens and Georgia Skelly.
Great work continued in the back line and this led to a try and conversion from Caitlin Perry.
You may also want to watch:
Paignton had the final say in what was a good contest.
Sidmouth U18 girls are growing and developing well, but new members are always welcome. If you would like to join us or come along to training, please call Cara on 07443 582521.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 5 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 6 The questions of British Lions selection
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution