Holt hat-trick as Robinettes win well against Plainmoor ladies
- Credit: Archant
Budleigh Salterton ladies were 6-2 winners when they entertained Plainmoor ladies for what was a terrific Westward Developments Devon Women’s League match, writes SpursTom.
Budleigh began with a strong wind in their favour and took the lead in the 17th minute when a free-kick taken by Tash Holt sailed over the visiting goalkeeper and into the net.
It was 2-0 when the wind helped a well-flighted Amy Salter corner to go straight in and two goals in as many minutes at the end of the half – the first from Amy Salter and a second for Holt - sent the Robinettes into the break with a 4-0 lead.
The second half was only four minutes old when Holt completed her hat-trick, getting the better of Plainmoor’s gloves woman in a one-on-one situation.
There was some joy for the travelling Torquay outfit from a direct free-kick taken by Nikki Caunce that was certainly aided by the wind on its way into the net! The visitors struck again through Jenny Hammond, but the final word was left to the Robinettes, who netted a sixth when Hannah Dawe executed a perfect lobbed shot.
You may also want to watch:
Three-goal Tash Holt deservedly won the Robinettes’ Player of the Match award and another who really impressed throughout was Amy Brown.
- 1 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Sidmouth Girls Rugby