Honiton five play part in Devon Atherley Trophy win over Surrey
- Credit: Archant
The Honiton men’s and ladies’ indoor external leagues have come to a conclusion, writes Julie Grant.
In the men’s fours league, a team named the Falcons, which combines Feniton and Honiton players, won and the Hornets of Honiton came second.
In the ladies’ triples league a team of Sidmouth past and present members called the Blinis won and the Lacemakers of Honiton came second.
Sadly, there is no recent success to report in friendlies. Honiton drew with Pinces Gardens 72-all with the top rink being the one of Ian McKenzie, Bob Mackintosh, John Munslow and Ted Cox, scoring 25-17. The men lost to Madeira 52 -60 with all three rinks going down to defeat.
However, success did come for Devon ladies in the national Atherley Trophy semi-final when they defeated Surrey by one shot to set up a final with Norfolk.
You may also want to watch:
Playing for Devon from Honiton were Sue Evans, Julie Grant, Rosemary Hirons, Shirley Hiscocks and Yvonne Rayner.
Sue bowled Devon’s last wood and it came into second place which was enough to ensure a 115-114 victory. The final will be played at Melton Mowbray on April 16.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 Property of the Week: Glebelands