Honiton Ken Fordie Cup triumph for in-form Alan Pollock
- Credit: Archant
The Ken Fordie Cup was the prize for the latest Honiton seniors’ meeting, writes John Pawley.
There was a large turnout of players and the winning streak of one particular player continued!
Showing that his win in the recently contested Vets Cup was not a flash in the pan was seniors’ captain Alan Pollock who lifted the trophy with a score of 38 points.
Needless to say there were good-natured mutterings about ‘breaking his putter’ etc. Despite some early drizzle the course and weather proved to be very good. Seniors vice captain Mike Sennitt presented the cup to Alan.
Second in Division One was the ever dependable Jim Wallis on 37 points, followed home by Mike Kent, 36, Max Pipe, 35 and Mike Ward, 33.
You may also want to watch:
The Division Two honours went to Norman Runciman with an impressive 37 points.
Next were Phil Faulkner and George Smith on 36 with David Ive and Garth Millard following on 35.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
With such a good field out and the conditions as they were, it was a surprise that there were only two twos. They were scored by Paul Ritchie and Jim Wallis, both at the second, and the pair share 24 balls as their prize.