Honours even in the The Great Daffodil Plant-Off at Sidmouth Golf Club.
The Great Daffodil Plant-Off was staged at Sidmouth Golf Club, writes George Carr.
This was a one-off event between two teams of golfing volunteers doing their bit towards Sidmouth’s brilliant golden spring-time plans.
Roughly a dozen-a-side on the day, (a very wet and gloomy morning it was, too!)
Chairman Bob Webber’s team tackled the verges at Steven’s Cross whilst captain John Rockey supervised (mostly from a kneeling position) the team working at Stowford Corner.
I can confirm that approximately 3,000 bulbs were planted by the two teams and an unspecified number of apple-doughnuts and similar consumed - courtesy of ‘Fred the Bread’.
You may also want to watch:
The teams will have to wait until the coming spring to have their score-cards checked, but I doubt there will be any disqualifications.
Very well holed out indeed, gentlemen.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls