Honours even in Under-11 derby between Otters and Warriors
Ottery St Mary 2, Sidmouth Warriors 2 Sidmouth Warriors Under-11s and their opponents served up a contest that was a credit to their age group.
An end-to-end first half produced all the goals. The opener was scored by Ottery who seized on a rare error in the Warriors defence.
The equaliser owed much to the pace of Mitchell who gave two Ottery defenders a 10-yard start and beat the pair to the ball before tucking it beyond the keeper.
Minutes later some terrific first-time passing opened up the home defence and Hollis drilled home, but with half time looming the Warriors unwrapped an early Christmas gift to aid the Otters making it 2-2 with the scorer being former team-mate Macnamara.
In the second half the Warriors took charge of proceedings and laid siege to the Otters goal. Fowler saw a shot cannon back off an upright, and further efforts were either just wide of the mark or blocked by defenders- one of them on the goal line!
You may also want to watch:
A cracking game ended all square, but the greens were left wondering what more they could have done to secure the points!
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98