Horse dies after Sidbury crash - Latest report
Rider airlifted to hospital after Sidbury collision. Car driver interviewed in Honiton
POLICE have reported the elderly driver of a Vauxhall Corsa for “a number of driving offences” after interviewing him in Honiton yesterday following a crash in which a horse died near Cotford Garage, Sidbury.
The car is believed to have been involved in an accident with a horse and its rider at around 12.15pm at Orchardside Close on Monday.
The female rider, who is understood to have back and hip injuries, was airlifted to the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital, Wonford, by Devon Air Ambulance, where her injuries, not thought to be serious, were assessed. She has now been released from hospital.
However, the horse she was riding had to be put down at the scene after sustaining serious injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The main road through Sidbury was closed to traffic during investigations, and re-opened at around 2pm.
A police spokesman said the vehicle had been seen being driven in Sidbury with a damaged windscreen after the accident.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
Earlier they searched for the car and its driver because they were concerned the driver might have also been injured in the accident. Police today said he sustained minor injuries to his hands.