Hot shot at Axminster
Sidmouth Ladies played another round in the Lane league against Exonia, winning on three of the four rinks and by 76-54, gaining eight out of 10 points. Well done to all four rinks, and congratulations to the highest scoring rink of Gill Cronk, Paddy Chew, Christa Turner and Shirley Rose who won by 24-9, write Sue and Peter Mison.
It was a successful day as the Sidmouth men played another round in the County Trophy over-60s League against North Devon, winning on all four rinks by 80-58. Well done to all four rinks, Sidmouth’s first overall victory earning maximum points. Congratulations to the highest scoring rink of John Chew, Peter Mison, Bob Daniels and John Mason who won by 22-13.
Sidmouth took three ladies teams to Axminster. It was a very enjoyable afternoon with Sidmouth winning on all three rinks by 76-50. Well done to the highest scoring rink of Sue Mison, Sheila Ingyon, Christa Turner and Shirley Rose who won by 28-18, achieving a “hot shot” in the process.
Dawlish brought three mixed rinks to play Sidmouth. After a very enjoyable afternoon Sidmouth won overall by 65-43, and by two rinks to one. Congratulations to the highest scoring rink of Rita Daw, Ann Tredget, Dave Lever and Ronnie Cook who won by 32-4.
On Sunday morning, Zena Johnson, Sue Mison and Marian Watson went to Isca to play in the Two Wood county competition. Marian had a very close game, narrowly losing her first round.
You may also want to watch:
Zena and Sue were drawn against each other in their first round with Zena beating Sue by one shot and then having a good win in her next round before losing in the third round.
In the afternoon, Sidmouth men played Axminster at home, winning by two rinks to one and by 61-47. Well done to the highest scoring rink of Tony Constable, Peter Waller, Ray Tallent and Ed Backhouse who won by 23-12.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Lockdown has shown the importance of nature and the need for us to nurture each other
- 9 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 10 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
On Tuesday, Sidmouth ladies played two teams from Padbrook Park winning on both rinks with an overall score of 44-27. Well done to Sidmouth’s highest scoring rink of Betty Farmer, Mary Bristow, Jill Lewis and Eileen Hewett who won by 25-12.