Hot Shot helps see Sidmouth ladies make Yetton Trophy progress
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Bowling Club ladies were able to celebrate success in the first round of the popular National Indoor Bowls competition - the Yetton Trophy, writes Susie Bonnell.
This competition is played on two rinks at home and two rinks away, with the overall shots count deciding the winner.
The penultimate Saturday of October saw Sidmouth send two teams to Honiton, and, at the same time, welcomed two teams from Honiton.
As you would expect at this level, the competition was tensely fought with excellent bowling from both sides.
There was great excitement for the Sidmouth home team on one rink (skip, Eileen Hewett, Carol Smith, Paddy Chew and Pat Ashton-Pritchard) as they rink scored a Hot Shot (getting all of the available eight shots) - this score just tipped the balance, giving the rink an overall win by one shot.
You may also want to watch:
When there is such good bowling it is always a shame there had to be a winner and a loser, but this year it is Sidmouth’s turn to move on to the second round which will be played on November 5.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown