How many more games has your local Macron League team got left to play this season?
- Credit: Archant
Out of the 51 matches that were scheduled to be played across the nine divisions of the Macron Devon and Exeter League and various cup competitions, just a handful survived and what that means is another round of matches having to be found new dates in what remains of the football season.
There have been 11 Saturdays to date in 2018 and, with fair weather, had all matches been played across the Macron League there would have been some 649 matches played.
However, January and February rain, followed by the early March snow and more rain, has meant just 233 games being played!
The Premier Division has seen the most. Across the 11 weeks, with a full complement of matches, 88 would be played in the top flight. However, there have been just 35 played.
In terms of where the action has been played, the numbers are: Division One 23 (out of 66 that were scheduled); Division Two 25 (77); Division Three 25 (77); Division Four 27 (66); Division Five 26 (77); Division Six 22 (55); Division Seven – which has not seen a single game played in either of the past two match days, 24 (66) and Division Eight 26 (77).
You may also want to watch:
There remain eight Saturdays between the next one – March 17 – and the first in May (Saturday, May 5).
In terms of remaining matches and our local teams the games to play count is: Newton Poppleford 15, Otterton Reserves 14, Tipton St John and Sidmouth Town Reserves 13, Beer Albion 12, Ottery St Mary and Sidmouth Town fourths 11, Sidmouth Town thirds and Otterton 9, Newton Poppleford Reserves 7, Beer Albion Reserves 6.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 7 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 8 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 9 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival