Howe’s that! Jack nets hat-trick as Sidmouth Warriors hit seven in cup win at Lympstone
- Credit: Getty Images/Image Source
Sidmouth Warriors Under-13s were in top form when they travelled to Lympstone for an Exeter and District Youth League KO Cup tie that they won 7-1.
Jack Howe got the team off to a perfect start with a fifth minute goal.
Boosted by that early strike Warriors went on to dominate the first half with Howe scoring two more to complete a first half hat-trick.
George Gelling was the other scorer and Warriors went into the break with a healthy 4-0 lead.
In the second half there was no let up as the Warriors continued to boss proceedings.
You may also want to watch:
Gelling took centre stage scoring all two of the three second half goals with the other goal netted by Jac Zabri who had kept a clean sheet as the first half goalkeeper.
Thomas Mead was unlucky not to get himself on the score sheet, going close on a number of occasions with some terrific free-kicks.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
Lympstone did manage to get a goal back, but that was as good as it got for the home side with Josh Miller, Harry Emmett and Calvin Clifford defending well and Josh Haige, the second half glovesman, made some fine saves.