Hubble try secures fine Sidmouth Under-13 success at Teignmouth
- Credit: Archant
Teignmouth 5 Sidmouth 12 Sidmouth U13’s travelled to Teignmouth for a quarterfinal cup tie, writes Chris Woodruff.
Sidmouth scored quickly with Lowe (J) in commanding form. Sensing a one sided affair, Sidmouth unexpectedly found themselves in a sustained period of close play where neither side made significant in-roads into the final quarter.
Injuries forced change in the away side and but for a timely tackle from Hubble Teignmouth would have scored.
Sidmouth started well again in the second half with some swift moves finally getting the ball along the line to Mead and then Waldron who were within feet of going over but held up by a determined defence.
Eventually the Sidmouth’s strong scrum work paid off - the ball moving out for Sidmouth with Hubble securing the try and Harris deftly converting.
You may also want to watch:
Teignmouth replied in the closing minutes following a weak clearance leaving the travelling supporters with a nervous end but a deserved win.
Sidmouth will no doubt be working on quicker movement to the wings in preparation for the semi-final clash against Ivybridge.
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 5 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 6 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 7 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 8 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start