Humberstone wins Division Three at Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
This Wednesday the ladies played the first medal of the season, writes Penny Ashby.
Usually this heralds spring, but conditions were still quite challenging!
Sheila Thomson won Division One with 71 points whilst Margaret Thompson won Division Two on count back.
Count back was also used to proclaim Janet Humberstone as winner in Division Three.
Julie Lye scored the only two of the day.
You may also want to watch:
Intrepid ladies’ captain, Ros Eaton, successfully completed her parachute jump from 15,000 feet last Saturday at Dunkeswell, with a large group of golfing spectators in attendance.
As a result, she has so far raised nearly £2000 for the club Clock Fund, a quite outstanding achievement!
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 4 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 5 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 8 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 9 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start