Humberstone wins Division Three at Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
This Wednesday the ladies played the first medal of the season, writes Penny Ashby.
Usually this heralds spring, but conditions were still quite challenging!
Sheila Thomson won Division One with 71 points whilst Margaret Thompson won Division Two on count back.
Count back was also used to proclaim Janet Humberstone as winner in Division Three.
Julie Lye scored the only two of the day.
You may also want to watch:
Intrepid ladies’ captain, Ros Eaton, successfully completed her parachute jump from 15,000 feet last Saturday at Dunkeswell, with a large group of golfing spectators in attendance.
As a result, she has so far raised nearly £2000 for the club Clock Fund, a quite outstanding achievement!
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 5 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 6 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 7 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank