Ideford Arch off onDec 28
Due to ongoing cold weather the Ideford Arch point to point fixture due to take place on December 28 has been postponed.
The area has had snow and ice and there is no prospect of being able to race at the course.
WINCANTON’S fixture on Sunday, December 26 has been abandoned after an inspection on Thursday at 8am.
The track becomes the sixth fixture on Sunday to be abandoned following Market Rasen, Towcester, Limerick, Leopardstown and Down Royal.
Clerk of the course Barry Johnson said: “There’s five inches of snow on the track and the forecast is for it to stay very cold with temperatures down to -10C on Friday and Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
“There was no forecast saying it was going to warm up even slightly so we decided to abandon.”
“All advance tickets will be refunded automatically.”
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
POINT TO POINT Anyone who may need to contact the Point-to-Point Authority office or register their RQC over the Christmas and New Year period are advised of the working hours and contact information for the office.
Office hours of the Point-to-Point Authority over the Christmas period will be as follows:
• Monday, 20th - Thursday, 23rd December inclusive, normal working hours (9am to 5pm)
• Friday, 24th December - 9am to noon
• Monday, 27th & Tuesday 28th December - CLOSED.
• Wednesday, 29th & Thursday 30th December - 10am to 4pm
• Friday, 31st December - 9am to 12 noon
• Monday, 3rd January - CLOSED
• Tuesday 4th January, normal working hours
A mobile number will be provided on the answer-phone of the main office number (01285 841920) for anyone needing to contact someone out of office hours.