Impressive scoring in Stretham Trophy second round
- Credit: Archant
The second round of the Stretham Trophy was played in glorious Sidmouth autumnal sunshine, writes Chris Roberts.
Twenty-two pairs took to the course and, with perfect playing conditions it was clear that the winning score would be a high one.
Indeed it was the club manager and ‘Taff’ who tore up the course on their way to a massive score of 46 points.
Unfortunately, fours truly and captain flack witnessed the pair’s impressive round first hand! The duo’s round saw just 29 strokes on the outward nine (seven threes and two fours), and it was jus6 as impressive on the back nine with 30 strokes used.
Needless to say Lee and Thomas where still discussing putts left short at the 19th hole (the bar!).
You may also want to watch:
Dave Bater and Lawrence Hill also clocked back in with a big score, in their case, one of 45 and that saw them bag second place.
Third spot needed another big score and it was claimed by Trevor Kerridge and Guy Davies with 44 points, though they needed countback to edge out the pairing of Moray Bosence and Will Hastie.
- 1 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 5 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 8 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
Following two good scoring rounds last year’s runners up Hastie and Bosence still head the table this term, but only by a single point from Hill and Bater.