Indoor Sports Night is a big hit at Sidmouth Golf Club
- Credit: Archant
Saturday night saw an Indoor Sports Night held at Sidmouth Golf Club, writes John Barnard.
The clubhouse was transformed with a full size Pool Table in the bar, a very impressive Scalextric track in the restaurant area, Darts, Table Tennis, indoor Boules, and a putting competition.
Seven teams with a minimum of five players entered so the clubhouse was buzzing!
Chair of house and bar, Neil Holland, had pulled a number of strings, rabbits out of hats, called in favours etc to ensure that the evening was a great success, and it certainly was!
In pride of place, after six events, was the Palairet team (captained by Neil Holland) that had an unbeaten record of 30 points (five points per competition) with six to be played. In equal second place were the club professional’s team and the club captain’s team (although the captain thought his team should have it on countback as they beat the pro’s team in the putting competition).
You may also want to watch:
Everyone had a great time, club chef Kerry had raced back from Tenerife to ensure that all the teams were fed and watered and it was agreed this should become an annual event in future.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown