Ladies’ Golf at Sidmouth got off to a real swing with the Spring Meeting which was held on Saturday and spring really was in the air.
Anne Blackler, this year’s Lady Captain set the ball rolling with an American Foursomes Competition where both players in a team play tee shots at each hole, then play a second stroke with their partner’s ball.
One ball is then selected and play proceeds as in foursomes with the owner of the ball selected playing the third stroke and alternate shots are played until the ball is down the hole.
It can be confusing but Anne kindly attached printed instructions to our cards so everyone knew exactly what they were doing!
Anne presented beautiful Portmeirion bowls to the prize winners.
You may also want to watch:
in third place, scoring 68 points, were Angela Coles and Sheila Thomson. Ann Willoughby and Penny Ashby were in second place with a score of 67 points and the winners, with 66 points, were Ros Eaton and Janet Humberstone. The nearest the line competition on the eighth was won by Julie Lye.
On Wednesday, the ladies played for the Rosalie Warren Macmillan Cancer Trophy and raised �75 for the charity, the overall winner being Sheila Thomson. Well done everyone!
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
In photo: 1st prize winners - Ros Eaton, Anne Blackler Lady Captain and Janet Humberstone