Isaac make terrific save as Raiders Under-11s beaten by confident Crsuaders
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Town 0, Cullompton Crusaders 4 Raiders Under-11s were beaten by the high-flying Mid Devon side, but not before they had given a very good account of themselves, writes Alec Latham.
The Raiders started strongly playing some excellent attacking football which was matched by a confident visiting outfit.
Play switched from end-to-end, but Crusaders first broke the deadlock, and then doubled their advantage with free-kicks.
They added a third and would have gone into half-time with a four-goal lead, but for a superb save from Raiders keeper Isaac James.
After the break Raiders dominated both territory and the ball and fired off plenty of shots at the Crusaders goal.
You may also want to watch:
The nearest they came to getting one back was when a shot skimmed the crossbar.
Cully added a late fourth to seal the points.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 7 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 8 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 9 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival