Isaac make terrific save as Raiders Under-11s beaten by confident Crsuaders
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Town 0, Cullompton Crusaders 4 Raiders Under-11s were beaten by the high-flying Mid Devon side, but not before they had given a very good account of themselves, writes Alec Latham.
The Raiders started strongly playing some excellent attacking football which was matched by a confident visiting outfit.
Play switched from end-to-end, but Crusaders first broke the deadlock, and then doubled their advantage with free-kicks.
They added a third and would have gone into half-time with a four-goal lead, but for a superb save from Raiders keeper Isaac James.
After the break Raiders dominated both territory and the ball and fired off plenty of shots at the Crusaders goal.
You may also want to watch:
The nearest they came to getting one back was when a shot skimmed the crossbar.
Cully added a late fourth to seal the points.
- 1 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 4 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 5 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 6 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 7 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 8 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank