Isaac scores and then makes terrific save as Warriors Under-8s win well
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Warriors Under-8s were good value for a 3-0 win at City Raiders.
Playing on a pudding of a surface in cold conditions Warriors stared well and a slick move begun by defender Stepan Hovora released Alistair Mounoury and he weaved his way forward before playing a slide-rule pass to Ethan Isaac who drilled the ball home from outside the penalty box into the far corner of the Raiders net.
Once ahead, warriors never looked troubled and the lead was doubled when Mounoury pounced on a mistake to slam the ball home.
The third and final goal was another classic ‘team-effort’. Jamie White and Lucas Vickery were involved at the beginning of a good passing move that ended with Lucas O’Connor taking the ball round the goalkeeper before passing it into the net.
Late on the clean sheet was sealed when replacement goalkeeper Ethan Isaac pulled off an outstanding save.
You may also want to watch:
Stepan Hovora impressed throughout in his regular defensive slot.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford