Jarrett nets only goal as Town second team bag rare clean-sheet success
- Credit: Archant
An Ollie Jarrett goal saw Sidmouth Town Reserves to only their second clean-sheet success of the season as they edged out Heavitree United in a Macron League Division One game at Manstone Lane.
Tomorrow (Saturday) Town Reserves are away at a Bampton side that sit fourth in the table, two places and four points better off than Town, who have played a game fewer.
The Town seconds now have a date for their Grandisson Cup tie with Division Six side Bradninch and it is Tuesday, March 26, with a 7.15pm kick-off. Town thirds were in Golesworthy Cup action on Wednesday night, winning 6-2 at Ottery St Mary U18s.
Town thirds have a Macron League Division Five game at home to Upottery tomorrow. The visitors sit third in the table while Town are bidding to move onwards and upwards from their current third bottom status. Town fourths were beaten 1-0 at home by Pinhoe Spartans last Saturday and tomorrow they travel to The Village Inn (3pm).
Tipton St John went down 2-0 last weekend in their Macron League Two meeting with title-chasing Whipton and Pinhoe.
You may also want to watch:
Tomorrow, Tipton play the first of back-to-back home games when they entertain Crediton United Reserves (3pm).
The Mid Devon side sit seventh, two places and four points better off than Tipton who have played a game fewer.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help