Jenkins stars again as Sidmouth Reserves see off Colyton
Sidmouth Town Reserves showed no signs of rustiness after a week’s break as they cruised to a 4-1 win over Colyton in a Fresha League Division two meeting.
The ever-changing Vikings side welcomed back Tim Lister and Anthony Griffiths for their first starts of the season and it was Lister who opened the scoring after twenty minutes, sweeping home Ferenc Bodor’s left-wing cross.
The midfield trio of 16-year-old Matt Ogley, skipper Damien Armes and Will Jenkins, gradually gained the upper hand prompting a wave of attacking intent, but it was an intelligent free-kick from Griffiths that saw Jenkins head home the bouncing ball at the far post to make it 2-0.
Colyton rarely threatened, but when they did Dec Lines in the Vikings goal dealt displayed safe and confident handling.
Early in the second half two became three with Bodor accepting a gift from the home defence to round the keeper and effectively seal the match.
You may also want to watch:
As the contest became stretched the visitors should have added to the score line, but were not clinical enough.
Man of the Match for the second week running Will Jenkins begun and finished the move for the goal of the game before the familiar occurrence of the Vikings conceding an unnecessary goal in the latter stages of the game, missing out on the coveted clean-sheet.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 8 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 9 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 10 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
A solid performance with notable contributions from Lister, Griffiths and Ogley.
The Reserve side stay on the road this Saturday with a visit to Topsham Town.