John and Terri Ward clean up with trophies at Ottery St Mary Bowls Club finals
- Credit: Archant
Last weekend saw the culmination of Ottery’s internal competitions, writes Michael Smith.
The proceedings were dominated by John and Terri Ward who bagged an impressive six trophies between them!
John landed the open four woods, the men’s four woods, the open three woods and the nominated mixed pairs partnering Terri. Terri also landed the ladies four woods and the ladies two woods titles – in the latter she was handed the trophy after scheduled opponent Gail Hawke had to withdraw due to a back operation.
Adding to a terrific occasion for the Ward household, John has also been crowned club champion.
In the other finals, Dot Luff and Terry House won the Maurice Jennings mixed pairs, Mike Smith won the men’s two woods, Richard Bland was the victor in the Fred Burgess Trophy, Chris Hawke took the Otter Trophy, Terry House and Eric Richardson were successful in the men’s four woods pairs and, last, but certainly not least, Tony Bushell, Norman Lawrence and skip Shirley Fewtrell won the mixed triples.
You may also want to watch:
A highly successful and enjoyable weekend of finals matches was brought to a close with a sumptuous barbecue thanks to the efforts of John and Terri together with Ann and Terry House – quite an effort given the amount of bowling they all did.
Indeed, John and Terri were last seen slowly trudging their exhausted way home muttering something about: “hho’s going to clean all these b…… trophies!”
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 5 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 6 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 10 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls