John Dunne Holes in One at the Par 4 First Hole in the East Devon League Match at Axe Cliff Golf Club
Sidmouth golfer John Dunne struck a hole in one to record an albatross at the par four 1st at Axe Cliff Golf Club.
That rarest of all birds, the albatross, was seen at Axe Cliff Golf Club when Sidmouth played their East Devon League match against Fingle Glen.
John Dunne, partnering Martin White unwrapped his brand new driver in the carpark and promptly proceeded to the 1st tee, where he holed his first shot of the day with his new driver at the uphill par 4 first hole for an albatross (3 under par).
Unfortunately this incredible shot did not spur the Sidmouth team on to win the match and in fact they lost their unbeaten record 3 � matches to 1 �.
After his extraordinary first shot, John and partner Martin eventually secured a half whilst the pairing of Stuart Coles and David Bater got the only win of the day.
You may also want to watch:
However the other three partnerships of Neil Holland, now playing off scratch, with Jonathon Lee as well as Nick Gingell and Mark Thomas and also team captain Lewis Perry and Paddy Tallon all lost.
The pain in seeing their proud unbeaten record ended - they had last lost in 2009 - was reduced somewhat with that magnificent opening hole shot from John Dunne.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 4 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support