Join the juniors’ 40th anniversary
Willie Wildash, the President of the RFU, will be attending the 40th Annversary celebrations of Sidmouth RFC’s Junior section on December 18.
In September 1971 Sidmouth became the first club in Devon to play junior rugby when 40 boys between the ages of nine and 14 gathered at The Blackmore Field.
The numbers quickly grew and today Sidmouth has a junior section of well over 250 players.
the Blackmore will host a celebration of this milestone. Teams from Sidmouth, Honiton and Winscombe will play games starting at 11:30am, while concurrent games and training takes place at the Sidford pitches and, at 2.30pm, the U16s play the Devon President’s XV.
There is a Christmas fancy dress theme and Christmas music, a flying visit from Santa’s Cheerleaders and seasonal food and drinks. Everyone is welcome to this special celebration of rugby in our community, admission to the ground is free and there will be a souvenir programme available to buy.
You may also want to watch:
?11:30am U11 & U12 v Winscombe RFC; 12:30 U9 & U10 v Honiton RFC; 13:20 U7 & U8 v Honiton RFC; 14:00 Presentations; 14:30 U16 v Devon President’s XV
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 5 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 6 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 7 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 8 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 9 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98