Jones at the double as Sidmouth Raiders Under-11s hit Alphas for six
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Town Viking Raiders 6, Alphington United 0 Sidmouth Raiders Under-11s bagged a ninth win of the season with a fine all-round show.
Both teams made bright starts, looking to play attacking football and the game moved from end-to-end.
After striking the visitors bar Raiders eventually broke the deadlock when Ollie Jones struck. A long-range shot from Ben Latham doubled the lead before a second from Jones sent the hosts into the break 3-0 up.
The second half saw Alphington make a strong bid to get back into the contest, but they found the home defence very hard to break down.
A fantastic run down the wing ended with Scott Gibson scoring the fourth and it was soon five with Finlay Morgan the scorer.
You may also want to watch:
The final word was left to Cole Monaghan who scored from close range following a last minute corner taken by Thomas West.
- 1 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 4 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 5 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 6 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 7 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 8 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank