Jones at the double as Sidmouth Raiders Under-11s hit Alphas for six
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Town Viking Raiders 6, Alphington United 0 Sidmouth Raiders Under-11s bagged a ninth win of the season with a fine all-round show.
Both teams made bright starts, looking to play attacking football and the game moved from end-to-end.
After striking the visitors bar Raiders eventually broke the deadlock when Ollie Jones struck. A long-range shot from Ben Latham doubled the lead before a second from Jones sent the hosts into the break 3-0 up.
The second half saw Alphington make a strong bid to get back into the contest, but they found the home defence very hard to break down.
A fantastic run down the wing ended with Scott Gibson scoring the fourth and it was soon five with Finlay Morgan the scorer.
You may also want to watch:
The final word was left to Cole Monaghan who scored from close range following a last minute corner taken by Thomas West.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 7 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal