Jones at the double as Sidmouth Raiders Under-11s hit Alphas for six
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Town Viking Raiders 6, Alphington United 0 Sidmouth Raiders Under-11s bagged a ninth win of the season with a fine all-round show.
Both teams made bright starts, looking to play attacking football and the game moved from end-to-end.
After striking the visitors bar Raiders eventually broke the deadlock when Ollie Jones struck. A long-range shot from Ben Latham doubled the lead before a second from Jones sent the hosts into the break 3-0 up.
The second half saw Alphington make a strong bid to get back into the contest, but they found the home defence very hard to break down.
A fantastic run down the wing ended with Scott Gibson scoring the fourth and it was soon five with Finlay Morgan the scorer.
You may also want to watch:
The final word was left to Cole Monaghan who scored from close range following a last minute corner taken by Thomas West.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 10 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown