Jones hat-trick as Sidmouth Town Viking Raiders Under-12s win well
Sidmouth Town Viking Raiders Under-12s were empathic winners when they met Pinhoe Pirates in an Exeter and District Youth League game, writes Tracy Latham and Di Puzey.
Raiders made a flying start and opened the scoring in the early exchanges with Scott Gibson netting. A second followed soon after Cole Monaghan.
With real attacking intent to their play it was no surprise that the goals continued to flow!
Archie Rowe made it 3-0 and, even though the Pirates tried to mount a response they got little change out of the excellent Vikings defence in which Ben Scrivens and Finlay Morgan were prominent and, when they did get past the back line, Ben Latham was more than equal to their best efforts!
Jamie Wyant rifled a shot past an upright before Will Lorkin scored to send the Vikings into half-time with a four-goal lead.
You may also want to watch:
After the break there was more end-to-end play. Ollie Jones netted his second and the Pirates struck a consolation, but that was to be their lot as replacement keeper Isaac James showed good handling.
With Mattie Laurenti at the centre of many things a seventh arrived courtesy of Jack Wilson and the eighth and final goal was scored by Jones to complete a fine hat-trick.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 6 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 7 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 8 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival