Jones stars as Sidmouth Raiders Under-11s edged out by Bradninch
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Town Viking Raiders1, Bradnich 2 The final game of the season proved to be a battle from first whistle to last, writes Alec Latham.
Both teams contributed much to an enthralling contest.
Ben Scrivens, Thomas West and Glen Sinker worked their usual magic keeping Bradninch at bay whilst Cole Monaghan, Finlay Morgan and Scott DeGruchy fought hard to keep possession of the ball.
Ben Latham along with Ollie Jones pushed forward after the visitors struck the games first goal.
Jones levelled matters when he broke free from his marker and ran half the length of the pitch before tucking the ball beyond the keeper.
You may also want to watch:
After the break Raiders keeper Isaac James made some fine saves whilst Scott Gibson and Will Lorkin were prominent.
The winner came from a late corner that consigned Raiders to a narrow defeat.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 4 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 5 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 6 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 7 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 8 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 9 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 10 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
Ollie Jones was named the Raiders Man of the Match.