Josh Bess closing in on 500 league runs
- Credit: Archant
Josh Bess leads the way in terms of run scoring this current Tolchards Devon League season at Sidmouth.
Bess has so far scored 424 runs and is one of two 1st XI batsmen to have over 200 runs – the other being Zach Bess with 407.
Matt Cooke has 175 and Luke Bess is on 173.
In the second XI, it’s Isaac Thomas leading the way with 248 runs and a current average of 35.43. The only other batsman with 200 plus runs is Anthony Griffiths with 201 – which leaves him with an average of 101!
The 3rd XI batting stats are led by the evergreen Graham Munday who has so far scored 277 runs and is averaging 62.95. The other batters to have score 200 plus in the 3rd XI are Byron Knowles with 211 at an average of 52.75 and David Watkins, who has scored 205 at an average of 68.33.
You may also want to watch:
In terms of the bowling effort, the 1st XI honours are taken by Charlie Miles with 16 wickets whilst three others have taken 10 or more: Will Murray (15), Scott Barlow (11) and Josh Bess (10).
The 2nd XI leading wicket taker is Charlie Dibble with 18 to date and the other to have claimed 10 or more is Daley Holmes with 15 – Fionn Wardrop and Toby Seldon are both on nine.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 4 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 10 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
In the 3rd XI young Jordan Fowler leads the way with 15 wickets and Munday sits second with a dozen wickets so far.