Joy for Charles as Sidmouth Warriors U11 net 12th win of super season
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Warriors Under-11s were 4-1 winners when they entertained Copplestone at St John’s school in an Exeter and District Youth League game.
The season may be drawing toward its conclusion, but the Warriors were not in the mood for a leisurely run out!
That was underlined as they took the lead in the very first minute of the match!
After a crisp move involving a number of two-touch passing, Finn Upsher applied the finish to give Warriors the lead.
Copplestone gathered themselves and came back well, levelling with a fine goal of their own.
You may also want to watch:
However, the visitors joy was short lived as Warriors were soon back in the lead Charley Turley weaved his way through a crowded defence before drilling the ball home.
With Thomas Nicholls controlling the midfield, and the Warriors defence organised and disciplined there was to be no second comeback and half-time arrived with Warriors 12-1 to the good.
- 1 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 8 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
After the break Warriors treated the home faithful to some of their best football of the season.
They moved the ball around well and it was no more than they deserved when Thomas Fletcher capped his Man of the Match performance with a wonderful individual goal.
Fletcher picked the ball up on the halfway line and set off on a mazy run before cutting inside and drilling the ball into the bottom corner of the net.
David Clapp went close to extending the lead before the scoring was completed when Charles Joy got on the end of a cross to net his first goal of the season and round off a terrific all-round team performance from Warriors.
This was the team’s 12th win of what has become a season to remember for all connected to the Sidmouth Warriors Under-11s.