Joy for Charles as Sidmouth Warriors U11 net 12th win of super season
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Warriors Under-11s were 4-1 winners when they entertained Copplestone at St John’s school in an Exeter and District Youth League game.
The season may be drawing toward its conclusion, but the Warriors were not in the mood for a leisurely run out!
That was underlined as they took the lead in the very first minute of the match!
After a crisp move involving a number of two-touch passing, Finn Upsher applied the finish to give Warriors the lead.
Copplestone gathered themselves and came back well, levelling with a fine goal of their own.
You may also want to watch:
However, the visitors joy was short lived as Warriors were soon back in the lead Charley Turley weaved his way through a crowded defence before drilling the ball home.
With Thomas Nicholls controlling the midfield, and the Warriors defence organised and disciplined there was to be no second comeback and half-time arrived with Warriors 12-1 to the good.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
After the break Warriors treated the home faithful to some of their best football of the season.
They moved the ball around well and it was no more than they deserved when Thomas Fletcher capped his Man of the Match performance with a wonderful individual goal.
Fletcher picked the ball up on the halfway line and set off on a mazy run before cutting inside and drilling the ball into the bottom corner of the net.
David Clapp went close to extending the lead before the scoring was completed when Charles Joy got on the end of a cross to net his first goal of the season and round off a terrific all-round team performance from Warriors.
This was the team’s 12th win of what has become a season to remember for all connected to the Sidmouth Warriors Under-11s.