Jubilant Jane is queen of the green
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth bowler Jane Painter is the new Devon County Ladies’ Unbadged Singles champion, writes Susie Bonnell.
Painter was joined on the journey to the final at Newton Abbot last Sunday (September 7) by a large number of travelling supporters.
In the final Painter was up against Tiverton bowler Angie Hill.
Painter has been in great form this season and started confidently and began to pile on the shots advantage.
The target for both players was 21 points and so, with a 19-8 advantage Painter was closing in the coveted title.
You may also want to watch:
However, the Tiverton lady was not about to throw in the towel
And she mounted something of a comeback to take her score to 13 before Painter banked the last two shots she required to be crowned ‘Queen of the green”!
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
Jane painter, 2014 Devon County Unbadged single champion, Sidmouth Bowls Club salutes you!