Junior football round-up
STJV Warriors U12s 2, ST Martin’s 2
A gritty performance from Sidmouth Warriors U12s earned them a hard fought point against a strong St Martin’s side, writes Simon Jones
The Warriors started off lethargically, but a couple of early chances saw Hayman and Tremlett go close before two goals from St Martin’s saw them gain the upper hand.
The Warriors then had to dig deep and, with Mead and Woodruff strong at the back and Captain Lowe tackling like his life depended on it, the game began to swing in the Warriors’ favour.
Gosse produced a Man of the Match performance in midfield with a great passing display. His neat passing lead to Tremlett firing home just before the break to reduce the deficit.
You may also want to watch:
The second half saw the Warriors create a lot of chances. The move of the match started by Gosse, saw some magic wing play by Silk, who went on one of his mazy runs before sending over a great cross which Hayman just failed to convert.
Just after this a corner from Buckland found Tremlett who fired home his second of the match. The game was end to end before Mead was unluckily ajudged to have brought down St Martin’s winger in the box. Ollie Perez, in goal, made a fantastic save from the resulting penalty to the jubilation of his team mates and supporters.
- 1 Summer play season returns safe and sound after 'challenging year'
- 2 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 3 Tragedy strikes the racing world
- 4 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 5 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 6 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 7 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 8 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 9 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 10 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
The whistle blew soon afterwards. The 2-2 final score was a fair result and gives the Warriors something to build on next week.
Team; Leon Sinker, Ollie Perez, Toby De Grouchy, Kade Hayman, Matt Jones, Tom Woodruff, Ethan Mead, Joe Lowe , Jack Silk, Luke Tremlett, Ben Gosse, Elliot Perez, Alex Thomas and Joe Buckland.